Modules CapstoneFeb-May 2023
WACE Global WIL Modules Capstone
The GLOBAL WIL Capstone Module is the final requirement leading to the WACE Global WIL Modules Certificate of Completion.
People who have completed the pre-requisite 5 modules will be contacted directly and invited to undertake the Modules Capstone.
This Capstone Module provides Global WIL participants the opportunity to draw from prior learning to investigate the practice of WIL within their own context. The module begins with the development of a proposal to address a challenge. This can be either undertaking of a small research investigation, or the development of a resource that can be implemented to manage the challenge.
Capstone participants must evidence learning from the Global WIL Modules, the global perspective gained from participation in the Modules, and relevant literature. Participants are provided supervision from an experienced Global WIL facilitator (with support from the Global WIL network through collaborative discussion and global connections).
- Reflect on and synthesize the relevant literature on WIL quality and theory based global WIL practice.
- Identify challenges related to the delivery of quality WIL.
- Develop a feasible action plan to undertake an investigation or create a resource.
- Investigate and interpret WIL challenges through critical analysis.
- Create solutions for challenges in WIL practice.
- Communicate the implications for future practice to a diverse WIL audience.
- Identify a challenge or area for improvement within your WIL program.
- Draw upon the learnings from the five Modules, and their application to the challenge or area for improvement.
- Describe this challenge or area for improvement, outline the underpinning issues drawing on relevant literature.
- Develop a proposal to address the challenge. The proposal should include a clear problem statement, intended outcomes/goals/deliverables, strategies for addressing the challenge, timeline, and reference to contemporary WIL literature.
- Either undertake a small research investigation, or develop a resource that can be implemented to manage the challenge.
- Communicate the outcomes of your work to a WIL audience and/or your institution through a presentation and/or production of a written output.
- Participants of this Global WIL Module must have successfully completed five GLOBAL WIL Modules.
- Commences 13 February 2023 and ends mid-May 2023.
Assessment will vary to reflect the nature of the project, however, will include:
- Feasibility and quality of the action plan.
- Effectiveness of the undertaking of the development and/or research work.
- Quality of the development work or research findings and interpretation.
- Ability to communicate of outcomes to a diverse audience (e.g. a presentation, report, blog).
A member of the Global WIL Modules faculty will be available for mentorship and guidance during the capstone.
Cost, completion and certificate
- Administration and set-up charge:
NZD $200 – Members of the four National Association members
NZD $200 – Full Institutional Members of WACE and Global Partners of WACE
NZD $250 – Non-members
Charge payable on acceptance for a module after registration.
- A certificate is issued those people who complete the module.